Vimeo subtitles - MidityVimeo library
In my previous blog entry I got the idea of making subtitles for Vimeo movies. I extended that idea to make it even easier.
- Paste the Vimeo Embed code in your HTML
- Call a function to activate the subtitles:
MidityVimeoLib.showSubtitles(clip_id, subtitles, ID_Of_Subtitles_DIV);
Things to note:
- Examples included in the package
- Supports changing subtitles during playback by calling the above function again. That way you can let the user switch between languages.
- Support of multiple subtitled Vimeo clips on 1 page.
- Not supported: one Vimeo clip twice on one page (but I'm interested in why you would want to do that)
- License: GNU GPL3, full text is included in the package
- Create an easy editor so transcribers can create the subtitles
If you're using it, I would appreciate a comment below or send me a quick note.